Texas is another country...

Texas is another country...I have driven into Texas from all four directions and can affirm that after crossing that imaginary state line you just know you are in Texas . The world becomes wide open space, the sky feels higher, you can stretch out and rest a spell.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

DELL STADIUM - EXPRESS MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL


I’ve been to Astros and Rangers baseball games and found them too crowded with people who meander around all during the game making me wish I’d skipped the ticket price in favor of watching the game on TV.  In general, major league baseball is better on TV where I get instant replays and pitch tracking so I know how often the umpire gets the call wrong. 

On the other hand, the average Little League team is too small, and far too personal if you sit near the parents [as I learned when I allowed myself to comment on a young player, “he swung late.” His mother glared at me and moved away].

Dell Stadium where the Express play is just the right place for watching baseball.  It’s just the right size so that you always have a good view of the action.  If you buy your tickets online, there’s program that gives a view of the field from your exact seat.  What you have to consider at Dell Stadium is where the sun will be at the time of the game.  In other words, plan for shade and away from the glare.

No comments: